PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to access or use certain optional services on the Site, you may be required to voluntarily submit certain Personally Identifiable Information, now referred as “PII”. We only collect this PII when you specifically provide it to us. This information without limitation could include:
- Contact Information – which you voluntarily provide to us to register for our services and for us to communicate with you, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Credit card information to facilitate the financial matters.
- If you use your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking sites, account information to sign in to Look Me Up Local, we will collect and store your social networking site user ID.
You may always choose not to provide us with certain PII, however, this may limit our ability to offer you personalized content, respond to your feedback and in some instances, you may not be able to register to use the Service or be able to access and use the Website at all.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
If you choose to use certain services on Look Me Up Local.com, we may require you to provide contact and identity information and perhaps credit card information. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. All information collected from you is voluntary and if you choose not to use a particular service or feature, you do not have to provide any additional information. We may also collect non-PII that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU WITH TECHNOLOGY
Like most websites, Look Me Up Local uses information collected through technology to make our Web site more interesting and useful to you. We use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including browser types This non-PII is collected in the background and not apparent to you such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, ISP (Internet Service Provider), the frequency with which our visitors visit various parts of LookMeUpLocal.com and where on our Web site they visit, the referral and exiting pages, the date and time of visit, demographic information and other data. IP addresses collected in this format are not personally-identifying.
There is a simple procedure in most browsers that allow you to deny or accept cookies. Please note that if you deny any or all browser cookies you may not be able to take advantage of the many services on the Look Me Up Local Site. Our cookies do not capture your individual email address or any personal information about you
Log Files. Like most websites, Look Me Up Local uses information collected through technology to make our Web site more interesting and useful to you. This non-PII is collected in the background and not apparent to you such as browser types, Internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and Internet protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The primary purpose of collecting PII that you provide us is to deliver a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience of the Site. The use of this voluntary information is provided below and without limitation to:
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- process and/or maintain your registration on the Site;
- provide advertisements to you through the Site;
- customize, measure, and improve the Look Me Up Local Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Except as provided below, LOOK ME UP LOCAL will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any PII to any third party without your explicit permission. These companies may use your information only to help us serve you and are not allowed to share this information or to use it for their own purposes. By providing your information to Look Me Up Local you agree that this sharing is with your consent for the purpose as described below to include without limit:
- providers for sending out and distributing our administrative postal or email;
- software, data storage and hosting services to help store and deliver the service;
- service providers to administer contests or sweepstakes when you have opted in;
- credit card processing companies to facilitate the financial matters;
- legal action when we believe in good faith that the law requires it (and/or if compelled to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or by other legal action);
- our attorneys to protect our rights, or to take precautions against liability;
- new ownership in the course of a business sale or merger in which case we reserve the right to include your personal information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party; and
- advertisers and information companies that receive anonymous reports that contain aggregated statistical data about our users; and
- other businesses relevant to the functional operation of the Look Me Up Local service;
We encourage Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your PII by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO ADVERTISERS
Any email addresses that you submit through advertisements on the Look Me Up Local web site will be forwarded to that advertiser so that they may contact you directly. Keep in mind that said advertisers may choose to send you promotional material about the services that they represent.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION PUBLICLY POSTED BY YOU
If you choose to register and create a PUBLIC PROFILE on LOOK ME UP LOCAL, or you choose to publicly post information, communicate with others on blogs or review products and businesses, and submit media content. Please be aware that your profile, and any PII you post in your PUBLIC PROFILE, will be visible to the general public, and could potentially remain on the internet indefinitely. Without limitation, this means that your name, photo, and profile information, articles you post, and comments you make on our Site, could remain on our Site and the internet even following the termination of your account.
To review, change or update Personally Identifiable Information within your account, go to Look Me Up Local.com click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the home page and make any necessary changes.
Upon registration for services provided by LOOK ME UP LOCAL, we may send you weekly e-mails. To unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving future e-mails from LOOK ME UP LOCAL please send an e-mail with your Login Name and e-mail address to hello@LookMeUpLocal.com. Please allow up to 5 business days to process your request and keep in mind that after unsubscribing, you will still receive e-mails about the status of your current account.
LOOK ME UP LOCAL takes security seriously with commercially responsible precautions to protect the security of PII with physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot, however, guarantee the protection of all information against the disclosure and misuse committed by the unauthorized acts of others. We have incorporated industry-standard secure socket layer technology (SSL) which keeps your data private and confidential between your machine and Look Me Up Local.com. With this technology, it makes it safer to secure the transmission of Personally Identifiable Information over the Internet.
CHILD PRIVACY CONCERNS
We do not intend, nor is the Site designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register with or otherwise provide personal information to our Site. Contact the Privacy Officer immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that personal information from a child has been collected. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.LookMeUp Local.com/terms.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Texas. The parties irrevocably consent to bring any claim or dispute against LOOK ME UP LOCAL and this Agreement to the Federal or State Courts located in Harris County, in the State of Texas. Before resorting to litigation, we respectfully encourage you to contact us directly to seek a resolution.
8748 Clay Road Suite 304, Attention Privacy Officer, Houston, Texas 77080
NOTICE OF CHANGES
We reserve the right to change, modify or add to this policy at any time. You agree to visit our Website from time to time to make sure you understand how personal information you provide will be used.